*Next Talk the Walk will be at Liverpool Canoe Club on Wednesday November 30th
If you would like to hear more about my journey, I can be booked for talks on the following subjects:
- Spending 22 hours kayaking across the Irish sea (at least the feet got a rest!)
- What it took for me to make the decision to undertake the walk, through to its conclusion
- How I managed to successfully complete the whole journey with little previous experience (I had hardly any as a walker and none as a kayaker)
- Understanding the willpower it took to keep going through the pain of blisters, torn ligaments and a stress fracture
- How I raised over £20,000 for charity, mostly using social media
- How I came to deal with the life and death of my sister and the important role my walk played in that
- How I relied on the kindness of strangers and how it all worked out in the end, despite no solid plan.
- A combination of the above
I am doing talks for free, with slides and some video of the Irish sea crossing; all I ask at the moment is that my travel expenses are covered and donations are also still welcome for the charities I have been fundraising for. https://www.justgiving.com/teams/Walk-for-Aoife
Please get in touch through the contact form. Thanks!